After 9 months and $3353 in vet bills, I have a healthy dog!
Phoebe is officially mange-free (two negative scrapings a month apart) – I am jumping for joy!
She is also free from various things I inherited when I rescued her; the most challenging was overcoming the issues caused by a cruddy immune system and recently manifested stress/anxiety traits. I won’t talk about all that now. That is what I get for not keeping up with my blog. I guess I have lots of catching up to do.
Anyway Phoebe arrived with and recovered from:
- A major urinary tract infection; and
- Demodectic mange.
Over the months, several issues manifested from her life before I adopted her. Most of them are due to a cruddy immune system. A few are a mystery, but they are all either cured or under control:
- Papilloma virus – gone
- Chronic gastroenteritis (inflamed bowel due to allergies and immune issues)
- Clostridium Perfringens (primarily, food poisoning – acquired easily since her gut was compromised)
- Early-stage hemorrhagic gastroenteritis due to Clostridium Perfringens
- Sudden onset of stress / anxiety symptoms under control (my latest blog topic) – thanks to Benedryl
- Airborne allergies (sneezing, runny nose, rash after lying on the grass, etc.) under control – again thanks to Benedryl
Ongoing Preventative Maintenance:
- A comprehensive food analysis
- A custom allergy free, immune boosting diet (it is a lot of work)
- The last of her ‘baby vaccines’ today (those required until they reach a certain age)
My little rescue dog, who was once a stray, finally knows what it feels like to feel good.
I can’t ask for anything more than that!
PHOEBE IS A HEALTHY DOG!!!!!!
Feel Free To State Your Opinion